Nursing hunger is real. So very real. Now that I’m recovering from my anemia and not pregnant anymore I cannot stop eating. Not only do I want ALL.THE.FOOD but I want treats as well! And the bad new is that I think I deserve all of these things because I didn’t really like to eat for 9 months so I need to make up for it, right? Chocolate chocolate chip cookies seemed necessary. It’s almost valentines.
I was reading about the delicious phenomenon that is adding cream cheese to your chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s fantastic. I very much recommend it. I had to try it.
I took it a step further and modified my chocolate chip cookie recipe to include cocoa to make it chocolate. I’ve been in love with black cocoa lately and that is what gives these cookies their dark, oreo like chocolate flavor.
I added peanut butter m&m’s to these ones to give them a little extra valentines surprise. They were soooo good and Mr Davis approved.
- ½ C BUTTER
- ½ C CREAM CHEESE
- ½ C SUGAR
- ½ C BROWN SUGAR
- 2 EGGS
- 1 TSP SALT
- 1 TSP BAKING SODA
- 1 TSP VANILLA
- 2 C CHOCOLATE CHIPS OR M&M's
- ½ C BLACK COCOA
- 1½ C FLOUR
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugars.
- Add eggs, incorporating them 1 at a time.
- Add salt, baking soda, vanilla and chocolate chips or M&M's.
- Add flour last and do not overbeat.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, scoop balls of dough.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 15 minutes to 1 hour (this step is crucial to cookies not spreading too much).
- Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes and allow cookies to cool on the sheet.
If you try making these you have to let me know what you think!!