Nutella is a big deal around here. I’m overly prideful about the fact that I discovered Nutella over in the Motherland, while doing an exchange program in Germany. I couldn’t believe that these seemingly healthy people would smear chocolaty goodness all over their wheat bread and eat it for breakfast (because American breakfast cereal is sooooo good for you ???). It was delicious and I decided I was in love.
So in love, in fact, that Nutella ended up on our wedding invitation:
That’s right guys. That’s how much we love Nutella over in the Davis household.
So you can trust me when I tell you that you need to make these cookies. They are so good they rarely cool all the way before they are gone. I just can’t help but eat peanut butter cookies anyway, but when you swirl in the nutella…and they’re irresistible.
I found this recipe years ago and wrote it down, but I feel bad not giving her credit so I just took a walk down memory lane looking for it on my treats pinterest board. If you have a moment, feel free to peruse it and drool a little. I could make treats all day, e’re day.
- 1 CUP BUTTER
- 1 1/2 CUPS PEANUT BUTTER
- 1 CUP SUGAR
- 1 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 2 EGGS
- 1 TSP VANILLA
- 1 1/2 TSP BAKING SODA
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 3 1/2 CUPS FLOUR
- 1/2 CUP NUTELLA
- Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Add all dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Swirl Nutella in mixture using a butter knife to cut through dough.
- Use a cupcake scoop to place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet. *optional: Add extra nutella to tops of any cookies that may need it.
- Smoosh cookies with a fork (classic peanut butter cookie style)
- Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on sheet for 2-5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
If you already have a FAVORITE peanut butter cookie recipe, you could probably just do that and add the nutella swirl. I love this one because it stays so chewy and delicious and doesn’t harden like some peanut butter cookies do. If 30 cookies is too many, this easily works out as a half as well!
Do you have a favorite cookie recipe?? Please share!