Nutella is a big deal around here. I’m overly prideful about the fact that I discovered Nutella over in the Motherland, while doing an exchange program in Germany. I couldn’t believe that these seemingly healthy people would smear chocolaty goodness all over their wheat bread and eat it for breakfast (because American breakfast cereal is sooooo good for you 😂😂😂). It was delicious and I decided I was in love.
So in love, in fact, that Nutella ended up on our wedding invitation:
That’s right guys. That’s how much we love Nutella over in the Davis household.
So you can trust me when I tell you that you need to make these cookies. They are so good they rarely cool all the way before they are gone. I just can’t help but eat peanut butter cookies anyway, but when you swirl in the nutella…and they’re irresistible.
I found this recipe years ago and wrote it down, but I feel bad not giving her credit so I just took a walk down memory lane looking for it on my treats pinterest board. If you have a moment, feel free to peruse it and drool a little. I could make treats all day, e’re day.
- 1 CUP BUTTER
- 1½ CUPS PEANUT BUTTER
- 1 CUP SUGAR
- 1 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 2 EGGS
- 1 TSP VANILLA
- 1½ TSP BAKING SODA
- ½ TSP SALT
- 3½ CUPS FLOUR
- ½ CUP NUTELLA
- Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Add all dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Swirl Nutella in mixture using a butter knife to cut through dough.
- Use a cupcake scoop to place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet. *optional: Add extra nutella to tops of any cookies that may need it.
- Smoosh cookies with a fork (classic peanut butter cookie style)
- Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on sheet for 2-5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
If you already have a FAVORITE peanut butter cookie recipe, you could probably just do that and add the nutella swirl. I love this one because it stays so chewy and delicious and doesn’t harden like some peanut butter cookies do. If 30 cookies is too many, this easily works out as a half as well!
Do you have a favorite cookie recipe?? Please share!