She’s 8. My sweet Paisley is 8 and like every year before I can’t believe it. She just keeps growing and I keep watching her in awe. She has always had a love for legos and this year decided she needed to have a lego birthday party. As I was scrolling Pinterest looking for ideas and I was amazed at how few posts there were for girls lego party ideas! Luckily my good friend over at Things I Should Do recently threw a lego party for her son and already had all of the lego molds for these fun candy lego men and bricks!
She will never even know how spoiled she is to have 2 parents in graphic design. I found this darling lego font and I love it because it’s vector and you can change the legos to be any color you need!
So many of the party ideas that I was able to find were based around only pink and purple legos and we loved the idea of using the entire rainbow.
I learned so many things making lego candy in molds. A few things:
- Not all candy melts are created equal. Just buy the Wilton brand. The other (even more expensive!) brand at Wal-mart that had purple sucked.
- Take the time to melt down the candy and put it into squeezy bottles. My friend Heather told me to do this and I did not listen and that is why my lego guy has weird holes and why several of my bricks are lacking in the peg department. It’s an extra step that is completely worth it.
- Hot candy burns. Just FYI.
- You cannot mix blue candy melt and yellow candy melt and get green. It doesn’t work, it turns out looking like poo green and no one likes the poo green candy legos.
- You also cannot add gel food coloring in an attempt to fix the poo green. It changed the consistency of the candy melt and caused it to separate weird…and wasn’t good. Just buy the colors you need.
- Children do not like candy melts. They like the idea and were delighted to bite into legos…and then promptly decided that they didn’t like them and tossed them. Oh well. I still think it was worth it and fun!!
For an activity/craft time/favor I found these cute lego hearts and the girls made beaded necklaces and used these as clasps. That was a big hit!
Paisley insisted that “Tigey” open all of her presents. She loves this stuffed cougar.
You can find these lego man candles here.
Happiest birthday sweet girl!!