One of the greatest blessings I enjoy in this life is having a village to raise my children in. I love having good friends I can laugh with. Friends that support us and show up for us and eat with us and we have so much of that it isn’t even fair. We started this tradition last year of getting together at the end of summer and enjoying one last late night, cutting the kids hair and sitting out on the porch together. Cass is always kind enough to host (we looooove the Miller Manor!) and this year we decided to cook from the Magnolia Table Cook Book.
Magnolia After School Banana Bread.
RELATED: VEYO POOL | CRAWDAD CANYON WITH THE COOPER’S
Finn fits right in with the Dads!
You’re going to want to make this Jalapeno Drip Jam ASAP. It is the greatest thing ever to happen to burgers. I quickly found the recipe online, so I didn’t feel too bad republishing it here!
- 4 TBSP BUTTER
- 1 MED ONION, DICED
- 1 CUP PACKED BROWN SUGAR
- 1 4 OZ CAN JALAPENOS, UNDRAINED
- 2 TBSP STONE-GROUND MUSTARD
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute the onions until translucent and tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, jalapenos with their juice and mustard.
- Stir and cook until bubbling.
- Reduce the heat slightly and simmer until the mixture is flavorful and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 30 minutes (but not to the point of being caramel!)
Jess was so kind to once again do back-to-school haircuts on all of the kids! I don’t think my kids have had a haircut since she did it last year at this time!
The biggest surprise of the night was the Benson’s showing up! They got the crazy idea to drive down from Salt Lake and spend the evening with all of us and it was absolutely the craziest, most fun thing they could do.
SEE MORE: SIMPLE BLESSINGS
We’re pretty excited about Baby Benson.
Heather won a bounce house and was kind enough to share her winnings with us! But did we have kids bouncing? Maybe initially but eventually they all kept ending up crowded around one screen or another (eye-roll).